Sunday 5 January 2020

Well,well,well...

Hi everyone and welcome to "Banksy the caravan cat 2"!

First a bit of an explanation as to why this is a new blog with an added "2". It's hard to believe but Chris managed to lose the old blog...He regularly loses his glasses, car keys and wallet but how do you lose a blog? Chris blames Google but I think it's an age thing. Anyway, I hope that The Faithful will follow my upcoming adventures as we enter 2020.

For those who missed out on the first blog postings, a few background details. (For those who already know me, you can skip this paragraph). I am Banksy, a cat of mature years,  living and travelling in Europe with Chris. Most of the time I am based at The Ramshack in south west France, living off-grid in a wooden cabin on a piece of land in an area of forests and small communities. When we are not at The Ramshack we tour the Continent in a caravan. I have visited the UK (where Chris's family live in the south-west), France, Italy, Spain and Portugal in the last few years.

So now, just a bit of a catch-up from the autumn of 2019. (I think most of you regulars would lose the will to live if I tried to fill you in on the time since the last blog ended).

After a fine summer in the UK, with the celebration of Chris's daughter Laura's 40th birthday a major highlight, we returned to The Ramshack to suffer the wettest autumn either of us can remember. It rained and it rained and it rained. Dry days were counted on the digits of one paw. I generally kept in the dry while Chris, mad fool that he is, STILL went on long forest walks or bike rides around the countryside. He says he only managed to keep his sanity, during this period, with the help of lovely local couples Peter and Jane and Gordon and Angela plus his pal Michel.

Chris left me over Christmas and the New Year to return to the UK for the festive season. I was not alone as Michel saw to my needs on a daily basis. As Michel has 5 cats of his own, he has the appropriate sensibility to stay on my good side - which not everyone can manage to do. Chris says that his time in Devon was successful, with him spending Christmas Day with his Mum and the New Year celebrations with Laura and her family plus son Adam, daughter-in-law Fran and the wonderful 2019 baby Fred.

There you have it. Chris and I are now settling back into life at The Ramshack for a few weeks before hooking up the caravan to the car and driving down to Spain. It looks like we will be based for a month in Cambrils, on the coast near Tarragona on a campsite we have used in the past. Then we will drive back into France for a further 3 weeks close to the Pyrenees and the city of Perpignan. For those of you who choose to follow this new blog, our adventures will be detailed on a regular basis - with even the misadventures included.

For now, much love to you all and please send your comments to the blog,

Banksy the Caravan Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment